Introduction

Hi everyone, happy new year, and welcome to YLC blogs! I and my friend, Madi, will be running YLC blogs for this year. We are both first-year members of the Best Buddies young leaders council. We wanted to create a repertoire of online sources where we can openly talk about our experiences in Best Buddies.


We have a lot of fun ideas planned for the upcoming year but wanted to start with an introduction. We intend on making this blog an open space where anyone can ask questions, ask for advice, give fundraising ideas, and much more! We hope this space will provide people with the opportunity to spread inclusive messages and create an inclusive workspace online. We wanted to use today’s post to introduce ourselves. 


I am Sophie Fulghum and I am from Rhode Island. I am one of the writers of YLC blogs. I have been in Best Buddies for the past 9 years and have loved every second of it. I joined in sixth grade, not fully understanding the importance of the Best Buddies mission. Eventually, as I attended more Friendship Walks, fundraisers, and events, I uncovered the value of this organization and the importance it played in my life. From there, I became as involved as possible—e-buddies, school projects, ambassador trainings, leadership positions, and now, the YLC! I not only learned the importance of friendship, but I learned what it means to be a leader and how to use your voice. 


Hi, my name is Madi McGann and I am from the south Chicago suburbs. I am a first-year member of the YLC and I have been involved with Best Buddies for five years. I joined Best Buddies my freshman year of high school and instantly fell in love with the mission. Being on the YLC has given me the opportunity to spread the Best Buddies mission by working with people nation-wide on some amazing projects, this blog being one of them. I am super excited to be working on this project with Sophie, and I hope you all enjoy the YLC Blogs!


Please be on the lookout for our posts, we will post twice each week, always on Sundays and Thursdays! If you are interested in specific topics please let us know what you would like to hear from us in the comment section below! Thank you, and we are very excited for the year we have ahead! 


In friendship, 

Sophie and Madi



Comments

  1. Love the blog idea Madi and Sophia! Hi my name is Vanessa! I am an Ambassador for Best Buddies California! Yesterday I spoke to a college campus (virtually) one of the questions I was asked was how can college graduates stay connected with Best Buddies. I told them about Best Buddies Citizens. Maybe on of your blog posts can focus on Best Buddies Citizens and/or ways to stay connected with Best Buddies after college. 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts