Work Experience

 Hi my name is Jamie and I am here to tell you about my job:




My job is at the Publix grocery store and my job is to bag the groceries for the customers and get the carts off the lot. My favorite part of the job is talking to the customers and helping them. My co-workers and I work k as a team to get the job done. They help me make sure I bag the groceries right!  If  you're looking for a job, think about the things you are good at and what you like to do! 


Here are the steps to do my job. You can usually group your items in 4 different categories: cans, fragiles, produce and meat. Usually none of these categories can go in a grocery bag peacefully without breaking. 


The rule for grocery bagging: Heavy items on bottom, light items on top. It will save a lot of trouble with the customers. Eggs do not belong below 5 cans of canned chili, eggs don't even belong in a bag containing cans, period. 6 to 8 cans can fit in one bag, and remember to place the bread and eggs in a separate bag. 


A ordinary order would be bagged like this: 


  • One bag with 5-6 cans of food 

  • One bag with a dozen eggs on the BOTTOM, and one loaf of bread on TOP 

  • One bag with a lot of produce 

  • One bag for all meat items except poultry (separate poultry from red meats) 

  • All fridge packs, cased goods, and bags of pet food should be placed on the bottom shelf. 

  • Gallons of milk and anything with a handle can be simply placed back in the cart without a bag unless requested. 










Comments

Popular Posts