Global Ambassadors Program

 Greetings everyone!



I want this blog off by showing love and gratitude to Best Buddies. I’m truly grateful for everything and they truly changed my life for the better. In honor of sharing my gratitude, I want to talk about a program that is near and dear to my heart and that’s the Global Ambassadors program.



I have been a Global Ambassador for 1.5 years (2 years in February) and it’s been life-changing. The Global Ambassador program is an opportunity for Best Buddies ambassadors across the country who have strong leadership skills as well as advocacy skills. I’m so grateful to get to connect with my other peers.


Due to the pandemic, we had our events and calls on Zoom but the positive inclusive energy was still there. One of my favorite events that I did was a call with Vivica Fox. She was so humble, kind, friendly, and down-to-earth.


My advice for people who want to be Global Ambassadors is to continue to advocate in their community, attend state ambassador trainings, and be yourself. Also, make sure that you are confident and lead with kindness.



Sincerely,

Jada Thompson (she/they)



Comments

Popular Posts