Interview with Alexandra Harper

 Interview with Alexandra Harper:




Out of everything I’ve done in my 28 years of life, there are many things I can say I’m proud of. However, it’s not the title of Miss Tennessee USA that makes the list, it’s the fear I overcame in order to do something I never thought was possible. A few years ago, I decided to do something everyday that scared me. Whether or not that was to have a difficult conversation, take on a new job, jump on a reality TV show, or to compete in the Miss Universe system, I wanted to challenge myself to grow out of my own comfort zone. 


Competing in Miss Tennessee was one of the most rewarding experiences that I could have ever imagined. I even met some of my very best friends during the process. It was a wonderful year traveling the country, having a platform, meeting celebrities and government officials, and of course having the luxury of sponsorships didn’t hurt either. But the most surprising thing about the entire experience was how I changed the way I thought about myself. I’ve never been the smartest kid in the room, never made the honor roll, I was good at volleyball but not great, I was creative and artistic but never was recognized for it. I always thought I was just- average. 


Challenging myself to do something everyday that scared me was what ultimately changed my life. I even surprised myself throughout it all. I made sure I made the most out of my experience as Miss Tennessee USA 2018. I learned that you don’t have to look good on paper or be the best in the room in order to make a difference. My hope is that I inspired other women to think differently about themselves and what they are capable of, because I can wholeheartedly say from experience that YOU can do anything you put your mind to.  




Comments

Popular Posts