Winter Days at Home

 Hello everyone, 


As the winter advances, I find myself wanting to stay home more to bundle up and stay warm. Oftentimes, these days can feel extra long and I consistently fear how much time I will spend on my phone. Rather than getting sucked into the life of social media, here are some ideas for your next stay-at-home day! 


  • Cook! Take the time to master a new recipe. This is not only a fun process, but the outcome is just as exciting! Ask your family to help, it is some of the best bonding times. 

  • Read a book. Bet you could come up with this idea on your own, but who doesn’t love a great new book. Right now I am reading The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens, I love the classics!

  • Play in the snow! Last week, when New England was hit with a blizzard, I bundled up with about six layers and spent my whole day hanging out in the snow.

  • Play card games. My roommates and I have been playing Uno at least once a day recently and it is so much fun. It doesn’t take long but it is always something I look forward to each day. Games bring people together but also allow for some loving competitiveness. 

  • Lastly, rest! People tend to stay immensely busy so when you finally get the opportunity to take some time for yourself, do it! Today my classes were canceled due to a storm so I set aside a few hours to relax, listen to tom music, and chat will my roommates. Normally, I would spend these hours doing homework, but I listened to my body and took the rest I needed.


In the case of another storm, I firstly hope everyone stays safe, but secondly, I hope you enjoy at least one of these ideas!


P.S. The YLC application is now LIVE. If you or someone you know is interested, check out our Instagram page @bestbuddiesylc. Best of luck with the application process! 


In friendship, 

Sophie :) 


Comments

Popular Posts