Moving Out With A Disability


Jamie (right) and her friend in Jamie's new apartment




My name's Jamie and I am a second year YLC member.
I moved out of my parents' house a few weeks ago. Having my own independence is really awesome! I feel like a real adult. 
However, when you move out there are some things you have to do everyday that are not always fun: 

  • You have to create and do chores, go get your own food, and cook and clean, but after you do all that you can have fun! 

  • There may be trips you want to go on, but sometimes you need to say no and work to pay the bills! 
  • You can live by yourself or get a roommate. 

  • I choose the roommate route and it can be really fun living with someone. However, you and your roommate(s) need to make rules and figure out who's doing what! You should flip a quarter to see who gets the bigger room! Take turns doing chores and always make a plan on who's buying what because you don’t want to be stuck buying everything! 


In Friendship,
Jamie

Comments

Popular Posts